Today we collected 28 UX clichés that you definitely recognize.
UX design is crucial to just about everything. It renders the latest technology accessible to the masses, makes our favorite apps and many more. To put it simply, design matters. Today we collected 28 UX clichés that you definitely recognize.
- “You are not your user”
- “If Henry Ford had asked people what they wanted, they would have told him faster horses”
- “We are testing the design, not your skills”
- “Designers should have a seat at the table”
- “Choices should be limited to 7 plus or minus 2”
- “People don’t want to buy a quarter-inch drill bit; they want a quarter- inch hole”
- “UX should be a mindset, not a step in the process”
- “Content is king”
- “Never underestimate the stupidity of the user”
- “I’m wondering if this breaks accessibility standards”
- “A user interface is like a joke; if you have to explain it, it’s not that good”
- “People don’t scroll”
- “People are used to scrolling; think about the way you use Instagram”.
- “The fold doesn’t exist”
- “UI vs. UX”
- “All pages should be accessible in 3 clicks”
- “Should designers code?”
- “If you think good design is expensive, you should look at the cost of bad design”
- “You can’t design an experience; experiences are too subjective to be designed
- “Let the users decide”
- “No one enters a website through the homepage anymore”
- “The only other industry who names their customers ‘users’ are drug dealers”
- “When escalators break, they actually become stairs”
- “Mobile users are distracted”
- “You don’t know what you don’t know”
- “Leave your ego by the door”
- “Double Diamond”
- “Users don’t read”
Read here more comments on each of them.
We also collected all the main principles and rules in one place and want to share with you great tips on animation in UX design.