Ranking on the first page of Google is very important for any business to acquire new customers.
Ranking on the first page of Google is very important for any business to acquire new customers. Search is the great intent marketing vehicle of our time. People go on Google and other search engines to solve problems, and find products and services they need.
In this quick video, I talk about the 5 most important ranking factors that you should implement to rank on the first page of search engines like Google.
There have been many algorithm updates during the past 2 years or so, with Google trying their best to keep the search engine relevant, and making sure that only the best websites and content ranks on the first page.
Brand awareness (people typing the name of the brand in Google) continues to be one of the most important ranking factors. So Branding campaigns on social media like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube not only helps to drive more visibility and awareness of the brand but also helps with search engine rankings in the long term
Here’s a list of the most important search engine ranking factors (besides brand strength) that help determine the ranking position in Google right now in 2018/2019:
- Include the main keywords in the title of that page you would like to rank
- Include the secondary keywords in the description of that page you would like to rank.
- Mention your main and secondary keywords at least once inside the page content.
- Create a blog and publish relevant, up to date content on a regular basis. Link to your important pages from these blog posts with relevant anchor text.
- Reach out to websites in similar industries (not your competitors!) and offer to write a great piece of content for them, ask them if they would allow you to link back to your website. It’s a win-win situation. They get a great piece of content specifically written by an expert in the industry and you get a link back to your website that is going to help you rank better in search engines.
If you implement these 5 strategies, your rankings will improve, guaranteed. The foundation of SEO is still the same as it was 5-8 years ago. Search engines are basically built on content, quality relevant content will always win in the long run. Search engines evolved over time, and became better at detecting low-quality content/websites and spam. Hence, the importance to publish great content on a regular basis.
So how do you know which search terms people are looking for in Google to find businesses like yours? We use various tools to find search terms and search volumes including the Google Keyword Tool, and Ahrefs. In Ahrefs you can analyse your competitors (those on the first page). The tool is going to show you which search terms your competitors are ranking for. That’s a very good place to start. Now you can ethically steal your competitor’s best search terms. To learn more about technical SEO and how to do keyword research at scale visit our recent SEO case study, where we helped a local business increase their leads by 204% in less than a year.
Why Digital Marketing is Marketing in 2019?
Search matters big time for every business who want to stay relevant in the age of the internet. On the above graph, you can see that the higher you are in search engines the more visitors your website is going to get.
And the below is one of the SEO campaign we did this year. You can see the increase in visitors to one of our client’s website after a 6 month SEO campaign.