We live in a world where technologies develop with intense speed. Sometimes we even don’t have time to catch up.
As Syndicode provides custom mobile application development, we keep an eye on everything that can be useful for our projects. And we like to be alert and prepare in advance, that’s why today’s article will be dedicated to the mobile app development trends for 2020.
Many of the existent trends already affected applications you use or develop. Some of them change the reality completely. Let’s try to become prophets a little and look at the future of mobile development.
The Future of Mobile Development
Intelligent digitization is capturing all the spheres of our life. Now we have robots, devices, services, content transformations. The innovations we use in software development today can change faster and will impact mobile development in the future and all the online digital business products globally.
One fact is indisputable. More and more devices connect to the Internet of things (IoT). The network gets bigger, the volumes of data expand, so we are getting more information at risk. The mobile development prospects predict that the security of the mobile applications and transferring of information will be accompanied by a greater boost to security. As for now, not all IoT devices have this kind of security features. In the next year, this is promised to change. There will be more
- machine-to-machine authentication,
- biometric logins,
- artificial intelligence applied and
- big data techniques used for identification and thwart infractions.
Soon, we will see the mobile development companies will tend to invest in pioneering exchanges of data that will allow them to have access and the amalgamation of data. In this way, there will be more conversion of the thought of various smartest cities. Such kind of integration will lead to the necessary development, which will lower traffic congestion.
Another trend that tends to be a norm in the future is SaaS‘s quick development and popularity. Even today no single SaaS app is made without cloud services. Designed to undergo peak loads and multiple requests at once, SaaS applications can scale well. This makes them a one-size-fits-all solution for businesses that strive to avoid concerns about system capacities and technical specifications. SaaS product development services make sure organizations can smoothly handle system management and architectural challenges. Cloud solutions benefit your mobile product in the following ways:
- Remote and easy access
- Use of software apps through the internet
- Outsource the entire infrastructure to a third party
- Improving uptime and reducing the number of resources
- Real-time integration and processing
- The properly configured system ensures better performance
- Reducing expenses
- Providing scalability
In addition, we can predict the next year and even further there will be a big change in the consumer-based strategy. The future can become a year for industrial platforms and infrastructure. But we need to be patient for all of this to appear in the Ukrainian app development market.
Mobile Applications for Everyday Life
Life will never be the same without the mobile applications we use every day. We all have favorites that we tend to check as often as possible. There are millions of them being launched every day, but only a few become popular.
Let’s look at the main categories of mobile applications that users tend to choose for daily life:
- Social network and communication. As offline communication becomes part of our life, there appears a great variety of apps that connect people. Social Media include Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram, Pinterest, Telegram, Line, WeChat, Signal, Snapchat, GroupMe, SOMA Messenger. All of them have their own apps for people to find friends and share their interests.
- Lifestyle apps. Today everyone is obsessed with their style. E-commerce works for buying and selling products online making the entire online process of building, designing, marketing, selling, delivering, and paying for products and services. The most popular apps of 2019 are Symple, My Diet Coach, Lumosity, Sleep Cycle, HealthTap, First Aid, MyFitnessPal, Shopwell, Elevate: Brain Training, Lark — 24/7 Health Coach.
- Daily life useful apps. Personal or professional apps are used in everyone’s life to save time for things we don’t want to remember. Everyone has his/her preferences and here are some of the daily life apps that are in top now: Nova Launcher, SMS Organizer, Swiftkey, Evernote, Alarmy (Sleep If U Can), WPS Office, ES File Explorer, Xender.
- Gaming applications. Game developers are always passionate about creating more and more app ideas and make sure that users get obsessed with the new gaming product and buy a full version. Try Halfbrick Studios games, Monument Valley 1 and 2, Nintendo games, Noodlecake Studios, Pokemon Go and Harry Potter: Wizard’s Unite, Rayark rhythm games, The Room series, Square Enix games, Supercell games, Alto’s Odyssey, Donut Country, and The Witness.
- Other areas. There are more and more apps that can spread through other areas of our lives. Now it’s possible to rent a nearby car without meeting people or search advised restaurants or art exhibitions that find your locations and give you the best options. Among the top 2019 are 1Weather, Bouncer, Waze and Google Maps, Google Assistant, LastPass Password Manager, TouchRetouch, Camera+, Snapseed, Overcast and of course Google Play Music and YouTube.
All these apps were created to make your life better and every time you use them, you increase their popularity.
Mobile Applications to Empower Your Business
Running a business is tough for even the most experienced businessmen. From launching a new business to financial issues and recruiting, there are a lot of things that can be solved every day. And sometimes to keep track of everything that is going on with your business you need more and more help. But life can be easier if you know the right mobile apps. Here are some of the most helpful apps to empower your business efficiently:
- Google Analytics App. The great app that helps you to keep track of everything on your website, amounts of visitors, real-time data, conversions, acquisition data, audience insights, and behavior.
- Asana. The work management platform teams use to be focused on the goals, projects, and daily tasks that grow business. Here you can assign tasks to anyone on your team via their email address and complete entire projects with subtasks, notifications, and due dates.
- LinkedIn Pulse. Here you can collect all of the news relevant to your work and interests. It gathers important information, professional content in an easy format.
- Google Drive. One of the most popular apps that allows you to access your drive from anywhere and manage your business outside of the office.
- EverNote. The app lets you write all your notes and combine them into clip web articles, capture images of handwritten notes, and gather photos of digital details of your projects.
- Salesforce Mobile. Stable CRM with a very convenient mobile version.
- DocuSign. With its help, you can scan all documents and easily apply your signature digitally to contracts, receipts, and content just from your smartphone.
- Dropbox. With its help, you can keep all your data in one place, so that you can bring up presentations and other files from any place you want.
- Voice Text. The app is available in 23 different languages and dialects. Here you can dictate your content onto an app like Voice Text. It makes creating content faster and you can keep up with your business even when you are on the go.
- HootSuite. This platform allows you to monitor all of your relevant social media accounts – including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn – in one place.
Business Owners: How Will a Mobile App Empower Your Business?
From the previous point of view, you were treated as a user. And we’d like to emphasize your benefits as a mobile app owner. Creating a mobile application for your business, you’ll get:
- More users. As the number of people who prefer doing their business via mobile is constantly growing.
- User’s loyalty. You care about their convenience providing them with a mobile solution.
- More time engaging with your app. Not only via PC but even when they’re away from their desktop. For example, for vendors of your marketplace, that means higher chances they’ll sell some products.
- Powerful options you can’t provide with the desktop app. Options like swipe/shake/touch interactions, AR additions, the use of camera and so on.
- Security. When interacting with your app via PC users need to set a password to enter the functionality, and there’s no guarantee their access wouldn’t be hacked. But with mobile applications, they have a unique fingerprint of face-recognition options that will protect their data in a better way.
Mobile App Development Trends for 2020
If you create a mobile application, you should know that you should constantly move and be aware of the new technologies to gain more customers and profits. So we gathered some trends and innovations for you that you should pay more attention while implementing in your applications for next year.
- Artificial intelligence. Regardless of the industry, using AI will help you with large data sets, media, automatization and predictions.
- Smart home devices. Such devices will become not only some fancy things to posses at home but the matter of common comfort and safety of the people living together. Smart home functionality will spread more and we’ll get more ideas like intelligent thermostats and smart lighting.
- Progressive web apps. The main advantage of PWAs is the convenience it brings to developers. Unified user experience with no need in creating multiple apps across multiple mobile platforms.
- Edge computing will prevail over cloud computing. It will ensure the app can work independently on being online. It means that a storage device can filter and collect the data, then send some parts to the cloud. In this way, we’ll get less traffic in the network.
- Mobile payments. Google Pay, Apple Pay, and blockchain technology are now beneficial for the development of web-based marketplaces and business applications as they allow creating an experience for the customers in the process of checkout.
- Healthcare gets more IoT skills. The number of medical things on the internet is expected to grow. Mobile health applications, virtual devices to check the patient’s health at home, intelligent devices of all kinds that can do absolutely everything remotely and with the same effectiveness. Check out MedBelle.
- Augmented reality. AR brings the interaction to the user experience which makes even the simplest online service fun and engaging.
- Voice search. The voice technology brought a new dimension to human-computer interaction. A voice has become a tool of searching and purchasing products, managing smart devices and helping disabled people to use the internet.
- Better data analytics. With the help of AI systems, we will be able to easily get information about the trends in all possible spheres. IoT integration is going to be more intelligent and self-learning.
- Use of chatbots. Instead of hiring many specialists to support your users online, you can add this option by using a program with a defined number of scenarios. If the question is beyond the knowledge of a chatbot – you can always address a request to a real person. But there is no need to spend more time on basic conversations and FAQs.
- Software-as-a-Service becomes more popular. SaaS applications became popular several years ago and since then, they continue to pop up. Some trends make it possible to predict the growth of the market going forward and the Software-as-a-Service success. Especially effective SaaS solutions work for business software applications that are delivered via the cloud.
- Omnichannel marketing. It means that all channels are connected to the customer and they all are connected. This option is more related to the quality of services integrations.
- Energy and resource management. Automatic notifications for smartphones, and other features that can save the people’s time and energy for solving problems that can be predicted in advance.
We named many tech solutions that are predicted to be in use in 2020 and will definitely help you to reach new horizons. But we have more practical information on how these innovations can grow your business.
We provide mobile app development services to enterprises across the globe by harnessing the maximum potential of intricate Android and iOS. We provide complex custom software development services for different industries.
As a mobile app development company, Syndicode assures you in the TOP quality of your mobile app, its timely delivery, and professional maintenance. If you’re interested in hiring Android and iOS engineers to contribute to your project or have an idea for the development from scratch – contact Syndicode!