Our monthly report on the most popular JS repositories.
When you understand that the tech stack behind your project is outdated, you should stand for changing it. Luckily we can offer you a pretty pool of alternatives to the old tools you used previously. In this new monthly most popular JS repositories digest you’ll find image processing and visualization libraries, React DOM testing utilities, JSON Schema validators, and many more interesting and useful open-source projects!
Here we are with the most interesting
- nodemon is a tool that helps develop Node.js based applications by automatically restarting the node application when file changes in the directory are detected. 19,526 stars by now.
- Sharp is a Node.js image processing, the fastest module to resize JPEG, PNG, WebP and TIFF images. 14,938 stars by now.
- Fabric.js is a framework that makes it easy to work with HTML5 canvas element. It is an interactive object model on top of canvas element. It is also an SVG-to-canvas parser. 14,509 stars by now.
- Immer helps you to create the next immutable state by mutating the current one. 14,196 stars by now.
- Mark Text is an MIT licensed open source project, and the latest version will always be downloadable for free from the GitHub release page. 13,683 stars by now.
- React Testing Library stands for complete React DOM testing utilities that encourage good testing practices. 9,783 stars by now.
- PostGraphile is Instant GraphQL API. PostGraphile automatically detects tables, columns, indexes, relationships, views, types, functions, comments, and more. 8,154 stars by now.
- Botpress is an open-source all-in-one bot creation platform that provides all the tools you need to build, debug and deploy AI-based conversational assistants. 8,081 stars by now.
- downshift contain primitives to build simple, flexible, WAI-ARIA compliant React autocomplete/dropdown/select/combobox components. 7,656 stars by now.
- Ajv is a fast JSON Schema validator for Node.js and browser. 6,622 stars by now.
- Wiki.js is a modern, lightweight and powerful wiki app built on Node.js. 5,929 stars by now.
- Ky is a tiny and elegant HTTP client based on the browser Fetch API. 4,994 stars by now.
- TOAST UI Chart is a statistical data visualization library. 4,332 stars by now.
- vue-interactive-paycard is a credit card form with smooth and sweet micro-interactions. Includes number formatting, validation and automatic card type detection. Built with Vue.js and also fully responsive. 3,606 stars by now.
- node-qrcode is a QR code/2d barcode generator. 3,507 stars by now.
- WebGLStudio.js is an open-source, browser-based 3D graphics suite. You can edit scenes and materials, design effects and shaders, code behaviors, and share your work – all within a browser using standard web technologies. 3,444 stars by now.
- vue-chartjs is a wrapper for Chart.js in vue. You can easily create reusable chart components. 3,359 stars by now.
- ScrollTrigger is used to trigger classes based on the current scroll position. E.g. when an element enters the viewport, fade it in. You can add custom offsets per element, or set offsets on the viewport (e.g. always trigger after the element reaches 20% of the viewport). 3,035 stars by now.
- Geolib is a library to provide basic geospatial operations like distance calculation, conversion of decimal coordinates to sexagesimal and vice versa, etc. This library is currently 2D. 2,863 stars by now.
- progress-estimator logs a progress bar and estimation for how long a Promise will take to complete. This library tracks previous durations in order to provide more accurate estimates over time. 1,834 stars by now.
- node-oracledb is an Oracle Database driver for Node.js maintained by Oracle Corp. 1,692 stars by now.
- node-mssql is a Microsoft SQL Server client for Node.js. 1,633 stars by now.
- Ackee is a self-hosted, Node.js based analytics tool for those who care about privacy. Ackee runs on your own server, analyses the traffic of your websites and provides useful statistics in a minimal interface. 1,142 stars by now.
- react-inlinesvg is an SVG loader component for ReactJS. 794 stars by now.
- elm-live is a flexible dev server for Elm. Live reload included. 785 stars by now.
- foxr is a Node.js API to control Firefox. 735 stars by now.
- Cockatiel is a resilience and transient-fault-handling library that allows developers to express policies such as Retry, Circuit Breaker, Timeout, Bulkhead Isolation, and Fallback. 575 stars by now.
- Transloco is an internationalization (i18n) library for Angular. It allows you to define translations for your content in different languages and switch between them easily in runtime. 568 stars by now.
Check our previous JS digests here. Maybe the tool you’re looking for can be found there!
If you want to receive more of interesting information, subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Oh, almost forget to mention that we have Telegram!