World Web Technology Share Information on Top 5 WooCommerce Trends to Witness in 2018.
WooCommerce, being the e-commerce plugin of WordPress, captures most of the market share i.e. almost 78.4% of online stores are powered by WordPress plugin WooCommerce. Many times web developers use WordPress exclusively and often consider WooCommerce development over other plugins to develop online stores.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a free plugin that is compatible with WordPress websites. It’s amazingly flexible and offers several options for store owners and developers to customize their online stores as per their business needs. It is also equipped with many extensions that keep consistently updating by the experts of the WordPress community. WooCommerce is a major e-commerce platform that is trending in 2018. Let’s find out the WooCommerce trends for 2018.
1. Enhanced Product Pages
In 2017 virtual reality and 360º visual content that came into existence and becomes trendy. The ever dynamic and evolving technology and easy internet accessibility made it possible for web designers to incorporate such content into their websites. This is a great feature for the e-commerce industry as it allows the store owners to showcase their products using a video in action. WooCommerce also provides a 360º Image feature, enabling the users to add a dynamic 360º rotation to their product images. The virtual and augmented reality start-ups are aimed at e-commerce, so we can expect more of these features to be added to WooCommerce in 2018 also.
Apart from videos, store owners would be able to add more detailed descriptions in product pages. Although short text content will remain the norm, it will work on the concept of the more info, the better it is! Being an online store owner, you can also include your top keywords and phrases to boost SEO also in your product detail page.
2. New Customer Service Interface
The chatbots will become a new customer service interface as they have been around for quite some time. Artificial intelligence and machine learning are the future when it comes to customer service. Chatbots are active all 24/7 and can answer simple questions. With machine learning, chatbots can become smarter as they can understand more about your customers. WooCommerce is using chatbots and is becoming the trend. There are already many chatbot plugins that WooCommerce uses. Below mentioned are some of the most popular of it all:
- WooBot – A standalone Chatbot, WooWBot is a shop assistant that work all alone without any 3rd party service integrations.
- Omise – Omise is also an integration that connects your online store with Facebook Messenger.
- Facebook Messenger for WooCommerce – Facebook Messenger is one of the leading chatbots highly effective and popular these days. You can use BotMaker to easily integrate with your WooCommerce store.
3. Improved and Personalized Shopping Experiences
Although artificial intelligence provides personalized customer service, it also can provide more personalized shopping experiences to your valued customers. The personalized shopping experience is much more than just greeting your customer by name. A lot many other things like knowing their location, language, and shopping preferences allow you to display before them the local products or sales that they would be interested in and they visit your online store. Considering this aspect, WooCommerce offers a range of features to help you offer a more individualized shopping experience to your customers:
- WPML – This is a WordPress Widget that can help you interact with your customers in their own language. If you want to make your online store reached by all over the world, translating your product pages is critical to increasing the rate of conversions.
- WooCommerce Darwin Pricing Integration – Using this plugin you can add geo-targeted coupon codes and tracking codes to your online store.
- WooCommerce Extra Product Options – Consumers are looking for options all the time! The more you offer options happier they would be. The WooCommerce Extra Product Options Extension works to fulfill this aspect. It allows you to build forms with conditional logic so customers can easily customize the products as per their tastes.
4. Enhanced M-Shopping Experiences
It has been estimated that by 2018, 27% of online revenue will be generated through m-shopping. This means online stores need to be responsive so that they function and look appealing on every device. Loading time will also play a vital role in the success of any website especially when it comes to website browsing on mobile. To cater to all these requirements of an online shopping there are many WooCommerce-friendly themes available on WordPress that are taking the trend of mobile shopping into account:
- KALLYAS – This is a theme that helps you to create a responsive online store and there are many more in the same line.
- Flatsome – This is one of the best-selling WooCommerce themes. You can use this drag-and-drop widget to develop a beautiful and responsive online store that works amazing on mobile devices.
- Woostroid – Woostroid is a famous and fast-loading e-commerce theme that’s best for developing a mobile-friendly shopping experience.
5. Artificial Intelligence Will Transform the Customer Experience
Customer experience will have a new dimension through artificial intelligence. Although artificial intelligence started transforming the customer experience last year and it is expected to continue to reach its new phase in 2018. Chatbots will help e-commerce websites to offer 24/7 customer service. This is all due to the machine learning, these bots are also getting smarter. The chatbot keeps learning about your customers and their purchasing behaviors and helps with then offer better deals thus increase sales. WooCommerce offers several chatbot extensions like WooWBot, a stand-alone bot, and Omise, which has been discussed above that works in collaboration with Facebook Messenger.
Above listed are some of the WooCommerce development trends that are going to take the entire e-commerce ecosystem to its stride. You can hire a WooCommerce development company in India and go online launching your own online store.