Automatic Question Generation system which generates new questions & options every time using Hindi Wordnet & Hindi Shabdamitra as a base.
The education system in India is drastically changing its approach towards digitalization. Various tools are being developed to enhance the learning experience of students. For this project the business domain targeted is students from class I to class V from centralized schools of India.
Client Name: MIT-Boston in collaboration with IIT-Bombay
- Currently, many schools from rural India are lacking the modern facilities like availability of teaching tools, advance technical methods of learning, etc.
- The quality of education in such schools from rural areas is low & they lack the exposure to technology which they deserve.
- Primary education should be made more interactive & interesting so as to match the age of students and keep them engaged and curious about the new things they learn. Looking at the kid’s interest in technology, having a computer-based solution is the best option.
Pre-designed quizzes are sometimes boring. Repetitive questions lead to students learning the questions & corresponding answers by heart, which leads to zero gain in knowledge gain and learning.
As per the client’s needs and as mentioned in the problem statement, we proposed and developed an Automatic Question Generation System (AQGS) which generates new questions & options every time.
As Hindi is a universal language used in all the centralized primary schools in India, the client chose to develop a resource for Hindi learning. With our knowledge and the availability of online Hindi resources, we decided to use Hindi Wordnet and Hindi Shabdamitra as a base for the question generation.
This dashboard will help the Admin/Teacher/Examiner add/create new tests whenever a quiz is scheduled. This also enables them to add the students along with all their details and make accounts for them to log in while answering a test. The dashboard has a compact view which shows all the tests taken, test taken by different students and their corresponding answers.
- This section systematically stores and displays the test results answered by students & give them an overall score.
- This helps in analyzing the difficulty level of test based on the student’s perception.
- Most important is the user interface shown to the students. This interface was carefully designed by keeping in mind the understanding level of primary students & their age.
- All the questions were generated by using the Hindi Wordnet & Hindi Shabdamitra resource available for Hindi and distractors in MCQ questions were created based on different factors. This itself decided the difficulty level of the quiz.
- Students could answer the questions one by one and results are displayed at the end of the quiz. The quiz was basically designed to handle basic questions so as to teach students the understanding of vocabulary and grammar. Further, it can be used to handle any king of MCQ question based on the quiz.
- Python, Angular 4, Codeigniter PHP, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, MySQL Database.
- Almost all the centralized schools from India have used the applications and answered the quizzes.